Sunday, July 31, 2022

June 1997 - Sign of distress


 June 16, 1997

Grampa is home and very pleased to be here.  He gets around quite well with his walker.  He has finally decided he will not be able to do any of his outside projects.  But I'm sure he will come up with other thiings to do.  Aunt Gertrude spends most of her time in bed watching old movies.  Sometimes I feel like Cinderella, at the beck and call of her 2 stepsisters...

On Sat. I put the flag out and as I was backing out of the drive - to go get Grampa - I looked at the flag flying, and low and behold it was flying upside down - a sign of distress.  Well, I left it flying like that for the rest of the day.  But I didn't think it was possible to put the flag upside down.  But leave it to Gram - it was very easy...  Now, I must do a few things for Grampa - then Aunt G. needs help to straighten out her room.

This card needs no explanation!  It makes me laugh every time I read it - we've all had days like that when it feels like nothing is going right and we are overworked and tired.  But Grammie took it in stride and with humor.  I think she made sure the flag was upright after that...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment